Each Rider must check in to all the locations before returning back to Rook Cycles HQ. The first rider checked in at all locations and back to the shop wins. There are podiums for fixed gear / single speed & geared bikes.
Manifest ( a list of locations ) will be available 10 mins prior to race start.Each rider studies the manifest and plots his / her route to all the check ins.
How to check in:
Each check point features a QR code on display. Scanning this QR code allows you to join a WhatsApp group that is named according to your location. Example: Scan the code at Max Bagels and you’ll join the “Max Bagels Checkpoint” group on WhatsApp. This allows us to keep track of who checked in where and who got there first.
NOTE: do not leave the whatsapp groups until the race is completely over.
Scanning a check in QR code:
Newer smart phones are able to scan these codes right from the camera app.If your smartphone does not support this native feature, you will need to download one of the many free QR code scanning apps.
Test your phone on the QR code below:
Race Schedule for Friday 19th April:
9am-1pm Shop open for final tune ups and purchases
1pm-4pm Shop is closed for race setup
4pm Rider Registration Opens at the shop
6:30pm Registration Closes
6:45pm Manifest is handed out
7pm Race Start
9pm Prize Giving and after party
Alley Cat Rules:
RULES:Only one bicycle may be used for the entire race.
- Only one rider may ride.
- No teams. No switching.
- Head Protection is compulsory.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Foul play will not be tolerated and any indication of foul play will DQ the rider.
- Any bicycle my be used as long as it meets the race criteria.
- NO E BIKES.
- PEDAL POWER ONLY.
- You may walk, run, and of course cycle. No other transport may be used.
- Skitching only by opportunity – no planned skitching.
- Using any other transport other than the modes expressed above will constitute foul play.
- The first rider to check in at the finish location is declared the winner in his/her class.
- The race director’s decision is ultimate and final.
- Only riders finishing with ALL checkins will place.
- Finishing with a checkin missing will not place.
- A missed checkin will not place.
- Go fast. No bad attitudes. Don’t kill your friends.
- Riders must be aged 18 or older
- Riders will all set off at the same time.
- Above all else, this is a FUN event. Rook Cycles, its associates, partners and/or staff accept no responsibility what-so-ever for any damage, injury or death resulting from participating, negligence, negligent advice or any other matter relating to the event.
- Taking part in this event is ENTIRELY at your own risk.
- By taking part, you automatically agree to the above rules and liability waiver.
- This event is an outlaw event and is not sanctioned by the city of Cape Town or the traffic dept.
- Any stupid reckless behaviour from riders will result in ALL prizes becoming null and void. It's at the race directors full discretion what constitutes this behaviour. Do not hurt yourself, do not hurt pedestrians, do not hurt cars, do not die, do not make anyone else die. THIS IS A FUN RACE.