It's felt like we've been living on a different planet for some time now... and slowly but surely, things are starting to feel a little more normal. We've been thinking of how to safely bring back the Thursday night rides that we've all been missing like crazy.
We have started our Night rides again..... twice every month. Fixiefit is organising them. We ride every first Thursday and third Thursday. With our best safety precautions in place , this is how the new format is going to work:
1. Meet up at Rook Cycles bikeshop on 173 Bree Street. Only 4 people in the shop at any given time, so hangout outside in the fresh air.
2. No Mask, No Ride.
3. Wheels roll at 19h00 sharp!
4. The route will take us through Cape Town and then back to the bikeshop. There will be NO BEERS at the shop, but we encourage you to go and support a local spot in town after the ride.
5. Bring your own water.
6. All bikes welcome! Totally free, totally at your own risk.
7. Rentals are available , but call to book your ride so we can get it ready for you with all the sanitisation protocols in place.
Unfortunately, we cannot hangout at the shop before and after the ride as we usually do. The small space in the bikeshop doesn't allow for groups of people to safely keep their distance. Show up, Ride, and then split. It's the best we got right now.
See ya First and Third Thursday!