Thank you to everyone who supported the shop during this immeasurably tough time.When we started Rook Cycles, we had no idea which rollercoaster we were strapping in to.Turns out, it’s the gnarliest, super megatron loop-di-loop crazy coaster that doesn’t seem to end.
But you know what makes rollercoasters fun? When you hop on with friends and a community that waves it’s hands through the bends and screams together through the backflips. That’s made this ride all worth it and what keeps us chugging through the dark days.
Thank you to everyone who placed an order. Thank you to everyone who’s been ultra-patient while we scaled back the team to survive. Thank you to everyone who may have had a glitched order and followed up with sincere understanding. We are not a large retailer, we’re a small independent bike shop and brand, run by a small team of passionate riders. If something takes a little longer it’s because we’re trying to do it right.
We’re back and the shop is open! It’s basically back to normal with a few safety measures in place.
- Masks are mandatory (no mask no entry)
- We’re checking body temp before entry (max 37.5c… and it’s Non contact, rather than those anal thermometers other stores are using.)
- Maximum 2 people per shop visit
- Foot operated hand sanitiser at the door
- Please don’t touch the products unnecessarily
- All workshop work needs to be booked in using our handy online booking system. Super quick and easy and it makes sure our workshop doesn’t get overwhelmed and overbusy.
It’s a far cry from the normality we were so happy with before this whole curveball, but it’s getting there.
A couple things to note about stock: All manufacturing is being placed on hold with the current exchange rate. We’re monitoring the situation closely, but it does not look likely that out-of-stock frames will come back into stock this year.
From all of us at Rook Cycles (all 5 of us),
See ya on the road!