Saturday 12 October is DASH FOR CASH: Our uphill and downhill race format for real money.
Entries are limited to 50 riders - get your entry confirmed here or enter in the shop: https://rookcycles.typeform.com/to/l9abZJ
SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME. (totally free)
Here's how the day's going to play out:
9am-1pm Shop is open for business as usual
1pm -5pm Shop is closed for Setup
5pm - Rider Check in Opens and last minute registration at the shop
5:45pm - Race Briefing
6pm - Race Start
Each rider can take any route they choose from Rook Cycles to the entrance to Deer Park. There are multiple options so don't kill yourself straight up the hill if you're not up to it. Rather test yourself on a more forgiving route. This is first and foremost a FUN race! Riders have an hour to complete the climb. Check in with your race number at the finish. Ideas below, but you can choose any route.
6:30pm-7pm BOS Thirst Aid at the Deer Park finish line
7pm - Downhill Race Start
Again, the route is up to you. From Deer Park, to the Rook Cycles Bikeshop. Riders are cautioned to ride safely and obey traffic laws. Check in with your race number back at the shop.
8pm - Podium Prize Giving & Jack Black on Tap
8:30pm-11pm After Party feat DJ BB Grease
Here are the rules:
- Only one rider per entry may ride.
- Only a single speed bicycle may be used. No gears what-so-ever.
- Bicycles that climb must be the same bicycle that goes down. No switching.
- No teams. No switching.
- Head Protection is compulsory.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Foul play will not be tolerated and any indication of foul play will DQ the rider.
- Any single speed bicycle may be used.
- NO E BIKES.
- PEDAL POWER ONLY.
- You may walk, run, and of course cycle. No other transport may be used.
- Skitching only by opportunity – no planned skitching.
- Using any other transport other than the modes expressed above will constitute foul play.
- The first rider to check in at the finish location is declared the winner in his/her class.
- The race director’s decision is ultimate and final.
- Go fast. No bad attitudes. Don’t kill your friends.
- Riders must be aged 18 or older
- Riders will all set off at the same time.
- Above all else, this is a FUN event. Rook Cycles, its associates, partners and/or staff accept no responsibility what-so-ever for any damage, injury or death resulting from participating, negligence, negligent advice or any other matter relating to the event.
- Taking part in this event is ENTIRELY at your own risk.
- By taking part, you automatically agree to the above rules and liability waiver.
- This event is an outlaw event and is not sanctioned by the city of Cape Town or the traffic dept.
- Any stupid reckless behaviour from riders will result in ALL prizes becoming null and void. It's at the race directors full discretion what constitutes this behaviour. Do not hurt yourself, do not hurt pedestrians, do not hurt cars, do not die, do not make anyone else die. THIS IS A FUN RACE.