Dash for Cash! 🚲🤑 (Incorporating Bomb for Tom)Register Here: https://rookcycles.typeform.com/to/l9abZJ
A single speed hill climb / hill bomb event in Cape Town CBD.
🏁 Race Format:
- Only Single Speed Bicycles are Eligible to Race
- All riders start at Rook Cycles Bike Shop (Le Mans Start)
- Finish Line is the Entrance to Deer Park (top of the city bowl)
- Choose any route you like. Burn it straight up? Or Zig Zag for stamina?
- All riders have an hour window to check in at the finish line
- Then another Le Mans Start for the Bomb sesh back to the shop
PRIZE GIVING & AFTER PARTY TILL LATE at Rook Bike Shop
1st Place R2000
2nd Place R1000
3rd Place R500
5pm Rider Check in Opens
6pm Hill Climb Race Start Rook to Deer Park
7pm Hill Bomb Back to the shop Deer Park to Rook
8pm Prize Giving & After Party
- Only one rider may ride.
- No teams. No switching.
- Head Protection is compulsory.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Foul play will not be tolerated and any indication of foul play will DQ the rider.
- Any single speed bicycle may be used.
- NO E BIKES.
- PEDAL POWER ONLY.
- You may walk, run, and of course cycle. No other transport may be used.
- Skitching only by opportunity – no planned skitching.
- Using any other transport other than the modes expressed above will constitute foul play.
- The first rider to check in at the finish location is declared the winner in his/her class.
- The race director’s decision is ultimate and final.
- Go fast. No bad attitudes. Don’t kill your friends.
- Riders must be aged 18 or older
- Riders will all set off at the same time.
- Above all else, this is a FUN event. Rook Cycles, its associates, partners and/or staff accept no responsibility what-so-ever for any damage, injury or death resulting from participating, negligence, negligent advice or any other matter relating to the event.
- Taking part in this event is ENTIRELY at your own risk.
- By taking part, you automatically agree to the above rules and liability waiver.
- This event is an outlaw event and is not sanctioned by the city of Cape Town or the traffic dept.
- Any stupid reckless behaviour from riders will result in ALL prizes becoming null and void. It's at the race directors full discretion what constitutes this behaviour. Do not hurt yourself, do not hurt pedestrians, do not hurt cars, do not die, do not make anyone else die. THIS IS A FUN RACE.