Throttle for Super73
The US throttle for the SUPER73 removes the 25kmh limit. It also allows you to ride without pedalling by using the thumb throttle. We still feel it's more intuitive to apply power using the pedals, but at slower speeds the thumb throttle is a nice addition.
- Beautifully designed to fit over the brake
- Backlit Display
- Plug and Play*
- Removes Speed limiter
NOTE: By adding this component you will be voiding the EU standard compliance. This means it will not qualify as a pedelec and will not be street legal as per the European standard for a pedelec. We recommend this be used off road or on private roads only.
We highly recommend bringing your SUPER73 to our workshop for this upgrade. But should you feel comfortable with the below, you should be able to install yourself.
1. Switch off and remove the battery.
2. Unplug the EU display and loosen the hex screw on the underside to remove it from the handle bars.
3. Remove the right hand side rubber grip. An air compressor helps.
4. Loosen the right hand side brake lever but do not remove it.
5. Slide the US throttle onto the handle bar with the throttle facing the right.
6. The display should cover the top of the brake lever and have enough space for the rubber grip to be reinstalled.
7. Tighten the brake lever. Tighten the new US throttle and display.
8. Reinstall the Rubber grip.
9. Plug in the new US throttle to the plug that we removed the EU display from. Make sure not to bend or break the pins. FRAGILE.
10. Reattach the battery. Power on the battery. Press and hold the new power button and your install should be complete.
* NOTE: Some controllers may need to be reflashed by our workshop to work with the US throttle. So far this has not been needed, but if your SUPER73 requires this, we will only be able to do this in store.